4 things you need to know to write an outstanding blog
“4 step method for to write content“
Writer’s block is something that every level of the writer faces, from beginners to professionals. Writing can not be done mechanically, it has to come through your heart if your intention is to reach the heart of your readers.
If you are a writer, I am sure you might have faced this challenging situation when you didn’t know how to begin writing an article, especially if you are new at blogging then you must have experienced how challenging it is to write content that we can finally post online without any self-judgment and prejudice.
This is an inevitable situation that every writer has to face when he has to write something new which can be easily managed if we do a little preparation before we start writing.
Here are four steps that will help you to finish writing an article like a pro.
Find a topic
- Unless it’s a professional piece of write up that has been assigned to you, the first thing you should do is to find a topic which appeals to you, at the same time which can send a message, or benefits the reader.
- There is no need to spend months and weeks to just find a topic to write. Just write down all the things which you like in general and out of it pick out the top three and then out of the three just pick the one you think you like the most or you can randomly select any one of those.
- While selecting the topic do not focus completely on what you like, keep your readers in mind.
- Also, you can choose a topic that is trending on social media or in the news.
- Once you have found a topic to write, the next thing you need to do is do a little research of your own. It will help you to gather more facts which you can include in your article with your own personal touch.
- Find out what does it means, what’s the origin, what is it all about, how it can help the reader.
- Before researching it on other platforms, just write down all the information you have about it in bullet points. If you feel like you have enough knowledge on this topic, you can directly organize these points and begin writing.
- It’s my personal suggestion, even if you think you have enough material to put in your article, it’s always good to take a step and do a little more research so that in case you can include the points that you have missed or which are relevant to the contemporary times.
- This is the best way to organize your article. Before you begin writing just put down the whole outline of your article in bullet points.
- Divide the article into four parts
- The main article divided into bullet points
- Any practical implementation (if there is something to follow)
- This will help you to create an outline of each of the whole content in paragraphs, upon which you can work on one by one or randomly, totally depending on our mood.
- Bullet points will not only help the reader to understand the content better but will also help you to cut down the pressure of writing long paragraphs.
The Secret Ingredient
- For me, this is the most important part of the writing, if you fail at putting this secret ingredient, chances are that your readers will not feel that connection.
- This secret ingredient is your personal experience. If you do not put the article from your own personal perspective, you will not be able to connect with your readers.
- If you include your personal experience and share how this method or experience helped you in your life, how it transformed your life or someone’s life whom you personally know will definitely make a deeper impact than just writing plain words.
- Always remember the world has seen all the perspectives about everything except yours. So, it’s very important to put your own heart into your writing.
This is a simple method that I started to implement to write my blog and it has always been a great help. It’s like a protocol that I follow to write my articles instead of just wasting my time to find a new method to write every time.
There is no necessity for you to follow my method, you can come up with your own personalized method.
I hope you found the content in this article inspiring enough to use it to write articles. Let me know your experience in the comments below.
Until I see you next time, make sure you take very good care of yourselves and your family.
Stay safe and Stay Inspired
PS: I really want to thank https://unsplash.com/ and https://www.pexels.com/ for providing us with a gigantic collection of beautiful high definition images that anybody can download for free without worrying about any copyright issue. It’s such a blessing for all bloggers and content creators.