A detox that will make your life absolutely positive
An simple hack to detox negative thoughts instantly
Everything we do in our lives is solely focused on the purpose of being happy. To be always happy in today’s world has a challenging task.
The amount of negativity with which we all are exposed through news channels, social media, social interactions, and our surroundings, it is almost impossible to stay unaffected by it. No matter how much we plan to stay calm and peaceful, in some or the other way, negativity finds its way and steals our happiness.
The kind of lifestyle we all are chasing, it has become imperative to stay positive and keep our spirits up and one of the best ways to release any negativity is a detox.
Normally we all associate detox only without the physical body.
Just like how our body needs a detox to flush out all the negative toxins that get accumulated because of junk food and discrete eating habits, our minds also need a detox from all the negative and obstructive thoughts unconsciously dumped upon us.
There is a simple yet highly effective method that you can use to clean up the clutter from your mind.
Step 1 – Find your space
- The first thing that you need to do is to find some time along with a pen and a few blank pages. Without these three components, this detox exercise will not work. You might be thinking why can’t we use a laptop or tablet, why are we using a pen and paper?
- The point is to give you a break so that you can stay away from the screen because we already spent so much time on different screens so it’s good for your eyes as well as gives a break to our mind from the intense activity which we are used to.
- The reason why we are using a pen and paper is that it is the old school way which we all are forgetting and it gives this whole process a personal touch.
- Time is an important factor because the more time you have, the more thoughts you can contemplate on the things which are working and things that need removal.
STEP 2 – Spill it out
- There is no mumbo jumbo about this whole exercise. Once you have found yourself a calm space to sit and think along with a pen and paper all you need to do is just write, write, and write.
- Do not think of it as a college assignment or official duty. Feel free to write anything that you think is not making you feel good. All the mental clutter has to come out on paper.
- There is no restriction on how many pages you must write, more is merrier. The more you write, the better it is.
- The purpose behind writing is to bring out all the thoughts which are blocking the flow of positivity in your life and also keeping you stuck in the loop of thoughts which make you feel heavy, stressed, and often miserable.
- There is one more reason why we are doing this exercise on paper not on any screen.
- Unlike other parts of our body, our fingers are connected directly to the brain and whatever we do with our hands it directly connects us to our brain.
- When we hold a pen in our hand and write something it directly activates certain parts of our brain and the experience affects us at much deeper levels than we know.
- You must write until you feel that you have taken out everything that was stressing you or causing you even slightest of trouble. There is no limit to the number of pages you must write or any rule regarding how your handwriting should look. The purpose is to bring all the junk out.
STEP 3 – The Burning ceremony
- This is the most interesting step of the whole detox process.
- Do not read what you have written. It was never meant to be read.
- Now all you need to do is just tear the paper in whatever manner you want. There is no rule or condition. Just follow your instinct.
- After tearing those pages find a safe place and a way in which you can burn those papers.
- There is no rule on how to burn the paper as well. Just burn one by one or all at once.
- Watch these papers burn.
- It might sound childish but you will feel light. If not instantly maybe after some time but do not expect any extraordinary, out of this world experience. Just observe the shift in your thoughts.
In spiritual processes fire is said to be the element that burns all the negativity and brings purity.
I cannot tell you what science goes behind this whole process and how and what makes you feel light, but one thing I can tell you from my personal experience 9 out of 10 times this method works.
There is a whole psychology behind how writing negative thoughts on paper bring up positive changes in our thought process and help us to become calm. We will be discussing it some other time for now what I will suggest you is to just go for this simple yet effective process rather than just blindly believing me you should give it a try and experience yourself.
You can use this method whenever you want and as many times as you want. Just remember there are no rules, just go with the flow and make sure you only burn the papers safely and not anything else.
Until I see you next time, make sure you take very good care of yourselves and your family.
Stay safe and Stay Inspired
PS: I really want to thank https://unsplash.com/ and https://www.pexels.com/ for providing us with a gigantic collection of beautiful high definition images that anybody can download for free without worrying about any copyright issue. It’s such a blessing for all bloggers and content creators.