The harsh truth – Why people love social media?
It will not be wrong if I call our generation “THE SOCIAL MEDIA” generation. The amount of time that we spend on social media is so much that if we remove the social media time, the only time remaining will be the time we sleep or eat. It has become such an integral part of our life that we can’t imagine our lives without it.
Social media is a world of its own with a million worlds unfolding into another million. Even if we spent our whole life exploring this world, time will fall off short.
The introduction of social media not just expanded the avenues of our entertainment but also of education, engagement with people, and overall experience of life. It’s a platform where everybody can find everything within a matter of a few clicks.
If we look for all the reasons, there can be 1000 reasons why people love social media. Here are some reasons which you might not have heard or thought about.
Freedom to be
- In this kind of society, the idea of freedom is just restricted to philosophical debates but when it comes to actual freedom we don’t get as much as we always want.
- In the real world, our acceptance as who we are is too confined to social rules and regulations and we cannot be who we are. Even though democratically we have so many rights but socially practicing those rights is not feasible.
- Social media is a platform that gives us the freedom to be who we want to be. Our social media handles are our own little worlds where we are the little Gods and goddesses with all the superpowers to do whatever we want, however, we want and whenever we want.
- Social media gives us the freedom to
You get what you want
- Social media is a platform that offers everything for everyone irrespective of age. No matter what’s your age is if you are a youngster, or a teenager, in your mid-life or old age or whatever your distinction is you can not only find content that you can relate to but you can also find people with whom you can connect.
- You can shop for your favorite products, watch your favorite movies, listen to your favorite music, attend concerts of your favorite stars, take online education, you can play games with 1000 more people, you can post your pictures, your videos, connect with your friends and this list can just go on and on without any end.
- In short, everything that you aspire is just a click away and you can get almost everything that you want on social media.
- This is one of the most important reasons why people love social media so much. In real life, we all have opinions about almost everything and everyone we encounter but expressing ourselves in the way we want to, can bring us a lot of troubles.
- Social media gives us the platform to express ourselves without any hesitation or restriction. A lot of people use social media to put their emotions forward without any filters.
- It gives them the freedom to express themselves which helps them to give them a sense of identity and belonging that their voice, their opinion also matters.
Escape from Reality
- Our lives have got so complicated that sometimes all we need is to just break free from everything and run away from all the chaos, but practically it is not possible.
- Social media gives us this short break from all the hurly-burly of the daily routine and helps people to mentally settle for some time.
- It helps people to spend some “ME” time, where they can spend some time in the way they want to.
- People play online games, watch online videos, spent time on social media accounts, connect with friends, listen to podcasts, etc.
We don’t even know why
- A lot of people are not even aware of the time they spent on social media. They just unconsciously login to multiple social media accounts and just keep switching from one account to another, scrolling the news feed endlessly without even knowing what they are searching for.
- Social media is a great platform but sadly it has become one big addiction for a lot of people.
- A lot of people are just log in and just keep scrolling to random feed without any awareness and after some time our minds get so addicted to the unconscious scrolling that most of the time people don’t even realize they have spent hours just scrolling without doing anything productive.
These are just a few reasons why people love social media so much. Social media in its self is an endless dimension and it totally depends on us , for what purpose we utilize this revolutionary idea into our lives.
Until I see you next time, make sure you take very good care of yourselves and your family.
Stay safe and Stay Inspired
PS: I really want to thank https://unsplash.com/ and https://www.pexels.com/ for providing us with a gigantic collection of beautiful high definition images that anybody can download for free without worrying about any copyright issue. It’s such a blessing for all bloggers and content creators.